Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blazing saddles!!

I never thought I would blog so much about my biking, but I have (like you don’t already know this!). But, here’s the deal: I am continuously amazed at my growing prowess, yes, prowess, on the bike. That is a bicycle, not a motorcycle. Leg power a go-go! I was out last week in the country-side around Mankato on what turned out to be a 14 mile bike ride. Well, I am riding out on the prairie and guess what? I come to a river hill. Here is what it looked like.

Yikes, you say, well so did I! Of course it was easy going down. Here is the amazing part: I made it up the hill except for the very last bit in the saddle of my bike; meaning I rode up the hill, except for the last part. When I got to the top, my reward was this amazing view:
Full moon rising to the east (that is the full moon in the picture coming over the horizon). New goal: next time, make it all the way up the hill in the saddle. Blazing saddles! TTFN, Michele

10 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! (Did you read my post about how lazy I am in trying to avoid the worst hills? None look like that one!) My dilemma with hills is that I ride clipped in and if I get to the top of a hill and don't have the momentum and strength to get my pedals around, I may also not have it to unclip my foot and not fall! Okay - I need to walk away from the computer and get on my own bike right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do rock! Fourteen miles is a terrific distance. And it is so pretty around there. Very soon, you will be riding twenty five miles or more a day. :D

    Have you ever thought about training for a century? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Michelle. Biking gets in your system quickly, doesn't it? With this insatiable passion for seeing the world that I have, I love it when my blog friends introduce me to states or places I've never been. Minnesota is one of those and thanks to you, I can't wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty! YOU and the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go. I'm so glad you commented on my recent post--somehow I'd lost you on my blog roll. I've caught up with your posts and your place is secure again in my blog roll. Great job with the biking. 14-15 miles is about the farthest I've gone this summer, but, if Hurricane Earl cooperates, I'll have a 35 mile ride under (or is it out from under?) my belt this weekend. About the MN State Fair. I loved the pix of the kids. You did well. I heard the piece about the MN fair on NPR last week--a Prairie Home Companion, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Awesome Job!! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what a hill!! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, see just when I start getting to feeling good about my exercise, you go and post this. for real, congratulations. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What??? 14 miles. Fantastic, Michele. I am totally buying a bike now. I've been thinking about it for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you went 14 miles AND did the hill! That is incredible.

    ReplyDelete