Sunday, July 4, 2010

Week Two!

Happy Fourth of July!!

Yesterday, July 3, will linger in my mind as a picture-perfect day. We took our three oldest grandbabies (7, 5, 5,) out to Lake Johanna to play in the water at the lake. This was the start of the call to the water for the rest of our family and extended family. Lake Johanna is a lesser-known small lake in the Twin Cities metro area. Clear and clean water because it is spring fed. Small, so the big boaters go elsewhere, yet big enough to tow a tube with small and big fries. Deep, too, for jumping off the back of the boat, doing cannon balls and learning to swim (small fries). There is a wonderful small county park with play equipment and a sandy beach. On the opposite side of the lake there is a small college and an assisted living/nursing home complex where my elderly father resides. We were able to anchor our boat in the shallow water and walk swim to share at the Home. By late afternoon, all of our family, including my elderly father, was down at the lake under the trees watching the water and the shenanigans of the small and large fries. Here are some pictures:






Week Two!! Today begins my second week (Day 8): It was a successful week first week. I weathered eating out, World Cup family gathering and the fourth of July and came out on top by eating healthy. I am surprised at how determined I am and it is growing. Only two weeks ago, I would have told myself: “Oh, just this once...it’s the fourth of July for crying out loud...” and then go on and eat whatever was served. Not last week. Not this week. Preparation and planning. That is my motto.

I planned for our third of July at the lake by preparing all the food myself. Organic carrot sticks (cut and prepared by me!) with triple layer Humus from Trader Joes; bowls of grapes; lettuce, tomatoes and other sandwich items; deli meats and some multi-grain Trader Joe crackers (no trans fat or hydrogenated oils). Plus lots of water (filtered with our Britta) and some other drinks. It worked. All the kids ate the carrots; all the grown ups appreciated the humus dippy. No one else brought any other chips or salty side items-so healthy was the theme.

Last week, I did move more, but only 5 out of 7 days. SO this week my goal is to move more, 5 out of 7 is okay for me, but I would like to bike and walk, too, not every day, but maybe 3 out 7 days I do both.

What I am eating:
Day 7 (Third of July)
Breakfast:
1 cup serving of TJ (Trader Joes) Raisin Bran with .5-cup milk: 190 + 60= 250

Snack
1 cup of grapes: 100

Lunch
Tuna (.5 cup chunk lite in water) (85 + 25 for Mayo) on WW bun( 100) = 210
Carrots with humus dip: (26 + 50)=76
1 cup of grapes: 100

Snack:
TJ Multi Grain crackers with tuna: 40 + 85 + 25= 150
Carrots with humus dip: (26 + 50)=76

Dinner:
Tuna (.5 cup chunk lite in water) (85 + 25 for Mayo) on WW bun( 100) = 210
Carrots with humus dip: (26 + 50)=76
1 cup of grapes: 100
(Yep dinner same as lunch)

Bites of this and that: 100

Total so far: 1222


Day 8:
Breakfast:
1 cup serving of TJ (Trader Joes) Raisin Bran with .5-cup milk: 190 + 60= 250

Lunch (at the Local)
Mango and grilled chicken salad: 360 (chicken)
Mango: 70

Snack:
Grapes: 1 cup 100
Multi grain crackers about 140
Deli turkey: 140

Bites and tastes: 100
Total: 1160

TJ Mango/Tangarine sorbet (1/2 cup measured): 80

No comments:

Post a Comment