Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day Thirty-Three!

Today is day 33 of my journey to reclaim my health. Back on day three I faced the challenge of eating out with a friend. I blogged about keeping up with my plan to reclaim my health and to eat healthy, especially because it was just day three and not thirty-three. Well, on day thirty-three, I am happy to report that I am still with it. If you have been reading my blog you know that I faced many challenges related to eating that come with life, like watching sporting events with your family, delicious luncheon fare while working and a declining father, but through it all, I have done good. Not perfect. I do not aim for perfection. I just want to regain my health. I give myself a B+ so far.

Ruminations on Day Thirty-Three:
My clothes are a little roomier, not much, but a little.

I am logging my steps on a pedometer on my iPhone and averaging over 6000 steps a day!! That is close to two miles.

Allowing myself a treat, whether it is an In and Out Burger (390 calories) or a kiddie size Dairy Queen (200) lifts my spirits and allows me to not feel deprived. I have learned to plan for these treats by working them into my overall daily calorie intake.

Blogging and reading blogs is therapeutic for me. I do not feel alone, but am surrounded by people who support this journey. There are invisible arms wrapped around me and all of us who are on a journey to better health.

I am worth the efforts that it takes to continue on my journey.

I have a hard time exercising every day. Some days it does not fit in. Although I am stepping at a reasonable level, I want to be sure I am really getting more exercise. For now I will set a goal of 4-5 times per week on the bike.

I am slowly realizing that in order for me to loose the amount of weight that I should it will take a while. Perhaps even a year. I cannot look out that far ahead, but, I can look back at the past thirty-three days and know that I might, just might be able to keep it up for at least another thirty-three days. Weight (pun!) for ruminations on day sixty-six!

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.I can do it. I can do it.I can do it. I can do it.

Thanks for reading and TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. just found your blog! great post... I can so relate.. I am trying to keep my focus on 10 pounds at a time.. makes it easier than viewing the whole 67 pounds... best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!! It is re-assuring to know that there is a whole network of support through these blogs. Michele

    ReplyDelete