Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Keeping track of food calories

Day 3:
I am feeling liberated. Yep. Today I realized that because I am blogging about my weight and my journey to regain better health that I am out. Out in the open. Not hiding. Moving out of denial. That is a powerful step for me. Maybe blogging will be the difference to keep me going. Day three is not much, wait till I get to day 33. Will I still be on this journey or will I have fallen back? Time will tell.

In the meantime, I rode around Lake Harriet twice and then to do errands to Kowalski’s and Walgreens and home. That was another 8-9 miles of biking. Move more. Move more. Move more. Cha, cha, cha!

I need to find another easy to use calorie counter. WEB MB only allows you to input 5 food items. Any tips??

Here is what I am eating:
Breakfast:
Bread, whole wheat, 2 slices: 200
Peanut Butter, creamy,1/8, 23
Jam, apricot 1/3, 16
Juice, orange, unswtnd, canned 3/4 cup, 87

Snack:
Milk, 1%,1, 102
Granola Bar: 137

Lunch
Bread (same old, same old): 100
3 slices low fat salami: 104
Lettuce
2 olives: 15

Total: 784

Dinner: (Out to eat)
Grilled chicken: approx 140
Salad (This is hard to estimate): Caesar salad, mostly romaine lettuce, but also Parmesan cheese and salad dressing (restaurant style)
Cheese, Parmesan, shredded, 41
Salad Dressing, Caesar, svg, 133
Cheesy bread: 142
Total: 1240 for day 3, again an approximate

No comments:

Post a Comment